Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This is Texas State Pride

If you were blindfolded and flown from another state to Texas, it wouldn't take you long to realize where you were. There are reminders everywhere.

Like this plate I found over Christmas...


Yep, that's Santa in a cowboy hat holding Christmas lights like a 
lasso in front of the Alamo.  Where did I find this?  Some cutesy little souvenir shop next to a state monument?  NOPE!  I found this at the grocery store. 



Oh yeah, there's LOTS of state pride to be found at the 
grocery store!  Check out this "Lone Star Pasta" with little
macaronis in the shape of Texas, boots and stars.

 Browsing down the aisles of my local HEB I also
found chips and crakers in the shape of Texas.  Didn't get 
a picture of that, but Texas Type A Mom got one of the chips...
it took her TWO POSTS to share all the stuff she found.

Want more?  Here's some stuff I posted earlier here:



Found that stuff on Flickr.  I've also seen a Texas shaped jacuzzi 
and a whole sidewalk paved with Texas Shaped bricks.  And the number of 
Texas flags and Texas stars I've seen decorating people's houses
are countless.  

Never saw anyone put a California State flag outside their house.  When I lived three I'd occassionally I'd see something with California Poppies on it, and sure, you'ld see surfer and palm tree stuff.  But I've never been to a state where I've seen AS MUCH state pride as I've seen here.

What about you?  What symbols of "State Pride"  have you seen lately?  (Or City Pride, regional pride, etc.)  You can just let me know in a comment, but if you want to do a whole post on it, I'll share a link (and pics if its ok to share) on this blog next week. PLUS, it would make a great post to share over at Whatever Wednessday.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! HEB has such great Texas stuff. I failed to take pictures of all their Texas themed Christmas ornaments I saw but it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love your posts Gale and of course I am featuring this one! Sorry it took me a whole week to tell you - sheesh! Thanks also for encouraging me to have TIWW again. I was going back and forth deciding on it and you really helped me make my decision. I appreciate your support so much - thank you!
    xoxo
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! Sharing w/my TX friend...she'll get a kick out of it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Yes we love Texas! I'm not a native but as we say here in the lone star state,"I wasnt born here, but I got here as fast as I could!

    ReplyDelete