1. A view of mountains through the palm trees.
2. Shredded beef tacos and churros.
3. An item with avocado in every restaurant menu.
5. Toilet seat covers (seriously...hard to find a bathroom without them in CA. Not so in TX.). *
6. Passing through desert, mountains, and oceans in one three hour drive.
7. Driving "up the hill" and climbing 5,000 feet in elevation (hmm...maybe that's just San Berdo).
8. Fast paced conversation.
9. Stucco and red tile roofs.
10. The stunning beauty of smog induced sunsets.
*I had to add a little extra word about the toilet seat covers. I remember a time in CA when toilet seat covers were rare...then in the 80s AIDS hit the news and they started showing up everywhere.