Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Texifornia Round-up

TEXAS HEAT
Ah, it's been a nice summer.  Really, compared to last year this summer has been a dream.  We got some rain this week that sent temps to the 80s where I am.  This year, I guess we sent our heat up north.  But still, overall August has been hot like...well, August in Texas.   So I thought you all might enjoy an hilarious post I found last summer at Signature Gardens where she changes the lyrics to "The Beat Goes On" to match the Texas Heat.


 AS GOES CALIFORNIA...
..so goes the nation.  At least as far as laws tend to go.  Right now the law they're considering would require companies to clearly label genetically engineered ingredients on food labels.  I'm all for that!

TEX-MEX
I've been attempting to teach my kids Spanish, so this article "We Don't Speak Tex-Mex Here" by SpanglishBaby caught my attention. 

That's all for this round-up.  Have you got an article you think would be interesting to Texifornians?  Let me know in a comment, and it might end up in the next round-up.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Texas...west Texas. Especially the Mexican food.
    Just checking back for any new posts you may have written.
    I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete