Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sky Watch Friday - Mountain Moon



I noticed a lot of pictures of the huge moon last week at Sky Watch!  It was  amazing, wasn't it!  Here's mine, taken August 12th on a turn-out on Rim of the World Highway (San Bernardino Mountains).  There were at least 5 other people who stopped to snap pictures while I was taking these, and at least one had a very nice camera...so somewhere out there there are better versions of this.  :-)  

It was really beautiful.  The pictures came out pretty good, but still didn't come close to capturing what it looked like in person. 

7 comments:

  1. Great pics! I sure hope it was a little bit cooler there than here. Say, thanks for telling me about Guest Heart Thursday!! I just sent my heart cloud picture over there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Just awesome....sureal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sky shots - beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot... subtle colors. Been on Rim of the World Hwy many times, so really enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rim of the world indeed. Beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete