OK, now, since we're on the subject of HEB...do you want to know why I love the HEB in my town?
- They have shopping carts with TWO kids seats (a real nice feature when you have kids born 19 months apart).
- The balloons they give to kids have staved off tantrums and allowed for a peaceful shopping trip (though I do wish they had something other than candy weighing it down).
- They always offer to walk you out to your car and help load your groceries (which was SO NICE when I was pregnant).
- The HEB store brand stuff tastes really good--seriously, I like some items, like their bread and jam, better than name brand.
- 4 bobillas for a $1! (Bobillas are these sub sanwhich like fresh baked rolls).
- Free samples everywhere!
- HEB usually does cost a little more on brand name pre-packaged goods and meats than Walmart (even with HEB points factored in), but produce is often the same or less (it fluctuates - sometimes more, sometimes less).
- Those little yellow coupons really do save you a lot if both items are things you want or need.
- If you get a manufacturers coupon for a free item, use it at HEB and you a can get HEB points that earn you HEB bucks to spend at HEB.
- HEB gas is often cheaper than at other places, plus you get HEB points.
- If you buy HEB baby clothes, buy at least a size larger than you need because they tend to shrink drastically.
- Did I mention their store brand packaged food items taste really good?
OK, just so you know...HEB didn't give me anything to write this. I just saw the giveaway on another blog decided to pass it on. That one sentence looked kinda lonely and I really do love HEB so I thought I'd post a little review while I was at it.