TO HELP FINANCIALLY
You can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief, or visit www.redcross.org to donate an amount of your choice online. The North Texas Response and Relief Network is also accepting donations, which help with supplies for their clean-up work.
Places where you can donate in-kind gifts like canned food, diapers, toiletries, etc. are listed below:
Mission Arlington is in asking for donations of non-perishable food and toiletries. 210 W South St Arlington, TX 76010
Dallas Fire Department (April 6 - 11)
North Texas Food Bank
Go to the Forney Recovers Website and click the "I Want to Give" button and then click "Donate Items."
Go to the Blackland/Royce City Recovers Website and click the "I Want to Give" button and then click "Donate Items."
There's info on ways to volunteer below. Please do not just show up in affected neighborhoods as parking capacity is very limited and homeowners need roads clear so that insurance companies and approved contractors can gain access.
- Sign up to help at Volunteer North Texas.
- North Texas Response and Relief has the following volunteer trips planned (I believe they are daily). You can call 972-293-5590 for more info.
To Lancaster: 4/5/2012 to 4/13/2012
To Royce City: 4/10/2012 to 4/14/2012
- You can sign up to volunteer in Forney at ForneyRecovers.org.
- You can sign up to volunteer in Royce City/Blackland at the Blackland/Royce City Recovers Website.
- Contact Mission Arlington at 817-277-6620 to volunteer in Arlington.
- The North Texas Food Bank needs help distributing food.
For more updated info on ways to help, visit the following sites:
North Texas Response and Relief
Arlington Tornado Recovery Update Page
Blackland/Royce City Recovers Website
If you know of other resources that should be included here, please let me know in a comment below.
Photo at the top of this post was of Tornado damage in Dallas, and was provided for free non-commercial use under Creative Commons on Flickr by StateFarm.