Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Small Talk 6 - Shirts I've Read and Loved

I was busy setting up a garage sale when the last Small Talk 6 was put up, but I'll have to crash this party late because I simply can't miss this one. You see, I sell T-Shirts through CafePress and Zazzle and Printfection, and when I'm not busy on my own shops I love browsing other's to see all the pretty and witty designs. So, since this IS Texifornia I'm sharing my 6 favorite Texas and California shirt slogans...and even THAT was hard to narrow down to 6!.


1.  My favorite T-Shirt ever is....



Ski Texas T-Shirt by the Online Paper Airplane Museum
...and yeah, my love of it has as much to do with the picture as the slogan.



2.   You've probably heard of the Slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" --well, there are so many good parodies of that it was hard to choose.  Here's one of my faves...

If you can't read that, it says
This shirt is by Americasaurus


3. And here's another...



4.  You may have seen shirts with the slogan "Keep Austin Weird" before (which, by the way, I love).  But even better still is this Lubbock Parody....




5.  Ok, time for some California tees already!   Here's one that makes me laugh (if someone reads this long in the future, this was from the age of Arnold):



6.  And this one is perfectly Texifornian... 

This one is by one of my favorite Celtic artists,
VoxFox, who has shops through CafePress and Zazzle
Only the CafePress shop has this design, which is a bit
out of character from his intricately drawn artwork.
There's versions for other states too, including Texas. 





 So there you have it...my 6 favorite Texas/California Slogans (for now...I'm bound to find more).  If you have a blog you can post your own Small Talk 6 and leave a link on MomDot. If you don't have a blog, feel free to  join in by posting your 6 in a comment below!

The CafePress shirt images are used without permission in the hopes that these artists would want me to use them to promote their shirts--but if anyone does not want these images posted on this blog, please let me know and I'll take them down right away.  The Zazzle t-shirts are linked through the Zazzle Affiliate program.  It's easier to link them that way, but I can also earn money if you buy them through my links (which I don't mind a bit either).  





2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love it! Great choices :) Oh, and the "I'm on a boat" t-shirt.. It is a funny song that that tshirt is after called "Im on a boat" LOL! Go google it!
    Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Those are great ones! :-) Thanks for visiting Ramblings & More! :-)

    ReplyDelete