Wednesday, October 05, 2011

This is Wherever Wednessday - TIT for TAT

At "This is Wherever Wednessday" Budget Blond usually abbreviates her "This is Grenada" to T.I.G. That doesn't works so well for This is Texas...well, unless you're thinking TIT for TAT.

Hey, actually, that's not a bad idea. I think I'll run with that and do this week's "This is Texas" a little differently.

TIT = This IS Texas
TAT = That Ain't Texas.


TIT
I've seen rainclouds, but no rain this week. This is Texas.

TAT
Friends of mine in the East Coast are still bailing out their basements. That aint Texas (This year, at least...oh, I guess any year because even though we have TORNADOS almost no one has basements out here).

TIT
It's fall...so I'm breaking out the seeds and getting my fall garden ready. This is Texas

TAT
Some of my favorite blogs are shutting down their weekly gardening blog events, cause gardening seasong is over! That aint Texas!

TIT
I love shopping all the end of season sales going on. Those chains don't seem to know we'll still be wearing shorts for a couple months or so. This is Texas

TAT
People in other parts of the country are pulling out their warmer clothes and stashing summer clothes away. That ain't Texas.

TIT
Red and orange colored leaves may be the symbol of fall, but here the leaves of the trees are still green.  This is Texas.

TAT
In other places finding orange leaves in October doesn't require a trip to Hobby Lobby.  That ain't Texas.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love it!! Will definitely be showing this off next week - Too cute & very creative.

    thanks for always saying hey on Wednesdays! Youre so sweet!
    xoxo
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! My sister just moved to Austin from the midwest and she's seeing that things run a little differently :). Can't wait to share your site with her! (I hopped over from your comment on Never Too Late - thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete