Saturday, May 29, 2010

Souvenir Saturday - My Five Favorite Flowers

I've decided to mix my Souvenir Saturday today with a meme called Small Talk 6. Their topic of the week is your 6 favorite flowers, and since I was doing flowers for Souvenir Saturday this month, I thought, how perfect! Of course, not all of my favorite flowers come from Texas or California, so this will be slightly off the normal topic, but still fun!

Lisianthus
I discovered this one when I worked at a nursery in California.

Lisianthus Blossom print
Lisianthus Blossom by moonrisings
Browse other art at Zazzle


Queen Anne's Lace
I fell in love with this flower visiting my grandma in New England as a little girl. I also love the poem by that name by William Carlos Williams.

Queen Anne's Lace 1 (Wild Carrot) mousepad
Queen Anne's Lace 1 (Wild Carrot) by LivingNature
Browse more Bright Mousepads


Columbine
These flowers decorated the edges of trails I went hiking on as a child in Sequoia National Forest.  I thought they looked like shooting stars.

Red Columbine 09 card
Red Columbine 09 by TPossum
Create a note card online at zazzle


Foxglove
Another beauty I found while working at a nursery.



Morning Glory
I love these because I can actually grow them, and because of their lovely flowers and vining vining leaves!


Mexican Evening Primrose
My favorite Texas wildflower, which I've waxed on about enough already here.













Pictures are from artists at Zazzle.com. Links to Zazzle are made in association with Zazzle.com (that's code for: I can make money if you buy things through these links).

No comments:

Post a Comment